As of July 19 2021, the country has removed all restrictions placed on industry, business and social gatherings. This has come fraught with worry and concern as the cases of COVID-19 continue to rise.
As a social care company working in the midst of the pandemic we believe maintaining the highest level of infection control, social distancing, PPE usage and information sharing is essential to keeping everyone safe.
Therefore, we will continue to maintain our processes, reviewing these regularly until we feel it is safe to ease them.
Can I visit?
There are a lot of updates regarding visiting family and the guidance is advising people that visits can happen as long as certain actions are followed.
We have contacted families and clients with guidance on how to visit safely. If you would like to discuss this further please get in touch 01793381000.
Alternatively, we are providing free video calls between clients and family as well as phone calls from our volunteers. If this is something you’d like to advantage of please contact us
Is my loved one at risk?
It is the people we care for who are at risk and so our staff take great precautions to ensure your loved one is safe. Some of these include:
- staff are observing social distancing
- staff are following government guidance for wearing PPE’s in domiciliary care settings
- ensuring their Personal Protective Equipment and infection control items are in plentiful supply
- keep their vehicles clean and disinfected, particularly if other people use them
- Wash their hands regularly, before starting a care call, before and after handling food, when finishing and care call and any time when in contact with bodily fluids or excretion
- keep homes ventilated and as cool as they are comfortable with
- keep clean all surfaces particularly non-porous surfaces such as plastic and metal
- reporting to us if they feel unwell or if anyone in their family/home feels unwell to ensure they are removed from action for the recommended quarantine period.
- taking their weekly PCR tests
- all staff are fully vaccinated and believe it is the best course to protect themselves, their families, our team and our clients
- we continue to take regular risk assessments regarding clients and staff members exposure, risk assessing any staff who have taken any annual leave, reviewing all risk assessment related to the safety of clients and the risk that staff could bring COVID in to their homes as well as updating our contingency plan to ensure the continuity of care is the priority in all eventualities to ensure those who need care continue to receive it.
If you have any concerns, please contact our team on 01793 381000 to discuss our action plans.
Can my loved one still get essential living items?
We are still running all our services including shopping collection and delivery and prescription collection abiding by our safety procedures.
If you do not receive one of these services but feel it would be beneficial, please contact us on 01793 381000 to discuss how we can further support you/your loved one during this lock down time.
Who can I talk to?
If you are unsure about you, your loved one or how COVID-19 could affect your life and want to talk to someone, feel free to talk to one of our team.
- 01793 318000
You can also reach out to the national helpline
updated 20 July 2021